Sunday, May 27, 2007

Project 29 - The Mulligan

Due to material incompatibilities, the fiberglass flares kept bubbling. Chris' car had stopped bubbling but when it was painted it bubbled that next day. Mine had stopped, too but I didn't have any faith that it wouldn't bubble after it was painted too. Due to a pending lawsuit, I can't really talk much more about it.

Nevertheless, the backup plan was to weld on steel flares. I ordered them from Performance Products and used the time-honored cut a little, weld a little method. I managed to get them stitched on this weekend but I'm out of gas and filler metal. I'll finish next weekend.

I borrowed a friends TIG and this is my first attempt at welding with it. It wasn't really that bad.

H