Saturday, February 17, 2007

Project 26 - Closer

So this week my front wheels came in. They're the wrong offset. I spoke with Jim over at TrueDesign and we established that I had sent him 16x7's and he thought they were 16x6's. That puts them out 5/8". That's just enough to get them out past the lip of the fender by over a half inch. Oh well. So it's back off the car and back to TrueDesign. Jim said he had some 16x6 centers he could put in there instead of my centers. That's customer service. Like I always say: "it's not the problem that's a problem, it's how you handle the problem that's a problem." and this was no problem. Although it does cost time.

I also took out the gas tank. This will allow me to seam seal the new addition. Also, we'll have better access to shoot rocker schutz and paint.

Of course, the obligatory "Look, I'm in the car!" picture.

Next week, I'll try to get the rear bumper ready for paint, seam seal and schutz the front. I still have to fabricate some rear bumper braces and things. I also will need to fab up something for the evaporator in the front. I also need to prep around the windows and I have a few holes in the car that need to be filled. I know that sounds funny, but there were five holes under each mirror. The new mirrors will not cover two of them. Those will have to be filled. Also, the rocker panels each have two holes in them. I have no idea what for, but they need to be filled. I bought a hole saw today but it isn't working very well. I'll have to figure it out.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home