Sunday, February 11, 2007

Project 25 - Move and Final Tasks before Painting

Moving day! OK. I've been remiss for a few weeks. But, in my defense, not a lot has been done really. The big news is that we consolidated all the toy cars and all the tools into an industrial space a couple of miles up the road from the house. Here's a couple pics of cars being moved.


Once we got everything in, it was like car heaven. Lots of project cars, lots of space, plenty of tools.





So what did I do? Well, the first thing I did was try to cut my arm off. Take a look at this. 10 staples. That's my inside left bicep. This little doozy took me out of commission for two weeks.
Finally back to work, we fiddled with the rear bumper until it was all together and lined up with the rear flares. I still need to DA down gel coat and do a little touch up. I might also lay a whole other layer to beef it up.

I also need to tinker around the opening for the exhaust.
Next, I cut out the front panel for the oil cooler duct from Patrick Motorsports.

I used ever cutting tool I had until I figured out that the sawzall was the ideal tool. The sawzall went through it like butter.
The panel was tack welded in, then filled in all the way around. It was a fiddly operation but it came out fine. Once I get schutz and paint on it, it'll look like it's always been there.

This is the inside view.
Here's a shot from today. We pulled the Pantera motor yesterday and Chris spent most of last week sanding the paint off of it. We also began trying to pull the Ferrari motor but it got hung up on the halfshafts. When I tried to pull the outer CV joint, I buggered the thread on one of the bolts. Chris said to use the 5/16"s hex head but that didn't make sense to me because it's a Ferrari. I used an 8mm and it hogged out the hole. How can that be? It looks original. Odd.
At any rate, we also pulled the glass and cleaned out the window opening. Slowly, we're working through the final tasks before paint. I need to start working a little faster. We need a good couple of weekends with the sun out to get the car to cure. If we can get that we, can paint them. BTW, Chris' craigslist 911 is also at about the same stage. My front wheels should also arrive this week so we can put both 911's back on the ground at the same time.











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home