Sunday, December 14, 2008


Start with 2 part epoxy primer

Apply red color coats

Finish with several coats of clear.

That's it.

Now for more endless wet-sanding and polishing, then the long laborious and expensive process of reassembly.

I love this hobby.
Below is the red, white and blue family photo for your viewing pleasure.

Posted by Picasa

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Project 35 - Paint goes on...

After weeks of sanding and priming and wet-sanding and priming and fixing little issues, we're finally able to put paint on. We did not paint the body. We'll do that next weekend. This weekend we managed to paint the bumpers, the doors, the hood and the underside of the decklid. We sealed the parts with a white epoxy primer. The paint is PPG base and clear. We applied three to five coats of color and the same number of clear coats. We only embedded one bug in the bumper. It'll buff out.

Posted by Picasa

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Primed and guide coated. 320 grit wet sanding is next. Then 600 wet. Then paint.
Posted by Picasa

Saturday, July 12, 2008

After a couple of months of wet sanding, we're finally getting some progress.

Should be able to prime it for a final time next weekend.
Posted by Picasa

Sunday, May 04, 2008

More progress

Posted by Picasa

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Progress was made. All the plastic work was done on three corners. The fourth corner still needs work. The Pantera is getting close. It's taped up for another coat of what should be it's final partial coat of primer. The next time will be for real. The 911 still needs a few weeks of work. It's getting closer though.

Posted by Picasa

Friday, December 21, 2007

So I went to the shop today. I had planned on spending all week down there. I didn't make it until today. Even so, it was quite the productive day. I sanded off the magic marker line and we welded on the flares. We also ground them down. They need to be wirewheeled but other than that, they're ready for plastic.

Posted by Picasa